Let's do this!

April 28, 2024

Recent EntriesHomeJoin Fast Running Blog Community!PredictorHealthy RecipesLily's RacesFind BlogsMileage BoardTop Ten Excuses for Missing a RunTop Ten Training MistakesDiscussion ForumRace Reports Send A Private MessageWeek ViewMonth ViewYear View
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
15% off for Fast Running Blog members at St. George Running Center!

Spanish Fork,UT, USA

Jun 11, 2009

Female

Goal Type:

Local Elite

Running Accomplishments:

My Running PR's

5k-   18:25

10k-   39:06

13.1-   1:25

26.2-   3:09:03 (Boston Qualified and 1st marathon)

Personal:

I'm Lily, and I love to do hard things.

Favorite Blogs:

Click to donate
to Ukraine's Armed Forces
Miles:This week: 0.00 Month: 0.00 Year: 0.00
Brooks Axiom 3 Lifetime Miles: 382.49
Adidas Supernova Glide Lifetime Miles: 287.52
Saucony Kinvara Lifetime Miles: 77.62
Brooks Launch Lifetime Miles: 430.11
Brooks Launch#2 Lifetime Miles: 211.85
Asics DS Trainer Lifetime Miles: 136.30
NIke Free Run Lifetime Miles: 25.25
Nike Free Run +2 Lifetime Miles: 26.25
Total Distance

10 miles,1 min on offs -7:40 t0 a 6:45 pace. Weights.

Buffalo run was pretty cool. I saw Jun, Scott W., Kelli Stephenson, JD,Oreo, gdoc, Bryce, Dale, Davy Crockett, flyonthewall, and I am sure a few others, I just can't remember at the momento!

The true test of endurance on Saturday wasn't those out running the trails, it was me. How long can one girl hold her urine so as to avoid the ULTRA DISGUSTING POP's? I am the one who won the endurance ticket on Saturday. I held my pee the whole day. I went in one POP and it was SO SO SO bad. I couldn't do it. I held my pee from 6 am -3:30 pm. Nice.

Some thoughts I had during Saturday helping out:

-not sure I like the island. It's to windy.

-Some of the trail running women were a bit rude. They were demanding, fussy, hard personalities.You can think I am rude, but it's just the truth. The men that I encountered were all very gracious and kind. They said thank you's and had smiles on their faces. It made my day.

-Trail running is hard. I like any kind of running. But I realize more and more that I am a road racer and I'm good at it. Road racing is just as hard, but in different ways.

-You can't please everybody when volunteering and you will hear and be asked every question imaginable.

-College co-eds are getting dumber and dumber.

Asics DS Trainer Miles: 10.00
Comments
From jun on Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:56:57 from 63.224.107.110

Brutal honesty. I like it. You were definitely at the toughest aid station. Too busy, for sure.

All I can say is that I was super glad you were there. It was a joy seeing you. I'm emailing you in like 2 min.

From Carina on Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 12:15:09 from 204.15.86.83

LOVE IT!! Ha Ha, that was a good laugh this morning :) Nice work volunteering, I will definitely be more conscious of how I treat volunteers in the future because of you post!

From Oreo on Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 12:26:18 from 206.81.136.61

Love it.. Nice run btw!! No doubt you got some mad skillz...

From DaleG on Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 13:41:01 from 67.2.6.207

Hey, it was good chatting with you for a few minutes. I should have grabbed the boys and helped out at the aid station, but obviously I didn't come prepared for the cold wind. Sounds like you made it a couple more hours after we left.

From fly on the Wall on Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 15:59:21 from 204.113.19.47

Thank you for volunteering Lily! Were you at the Elephant aide station?

Let thy urge to pee conquer thy fear of ultra POPs.

From JD on Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 16:24:36 from 70.96.78.149

It was great meeting you on Saturday Lily. Thanks for volunteering and being so nice.

It seems perfectly natural to me that the guys would be friendly, and happy to see you, while the girls would be a little um...threatened? Lol!

From JulieC on Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 20:01:29 from 71.35.251.50

Hi Lily. I was probably one of the rude ones. Hope not. Its just that I HAD TO HOLD MY PEE IN BECAUSE I WAS SURROUNDED BY GUYS OUT ON THE COURSE and then I no longer had the urge so I went from 730am to 4pm at my house without peeing. I think you still won that contest though : D. Basically my head was exploding from the pressure at first and then there was the lack of sugar to my brain. Females don't do well with low sugar. I find guys do. I got to see a few of them pull over to the side and just pee outright. Didn't see anything though. Wishin' things could have been different for me. And I am sorry I didn't see you and say a nice hello. Hopefully I held it for the most part together at your aide station : D. Thanks for supporting us.

From allie on Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 22:31:29 from 174.23.241.50

great running this morning, lily.

that was nice of you to volunteer -- i bet all the runners loved you. i wish i could run a race where you were the volunteer. i would make you throw an apple core at me.

From gdoc on Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 00:10:18 from 98.202.195.25

Great to meet you Lily!... Basically I think you got the shaft at that particular aid station as you were alone and there all day in the cold, near the finish but not close enough to join the festivities...thanks for doing it though...youre a tough cookie

From Burt on Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 00:19:31 from 72.223.90.79

You held your pee in for that long. Think of all the toxins that were released into your body! Just when I thought you couldn't get any worse. SICK! :p

From RAD on Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 01:14:39 from 98.202.17.113

Hmmm, the brutal truth? I only usually pee twice a day. Yup, maybe 3 times if it's bad. Yes, I also drink over 100 oz of water per day (3 - 32 oz mugs full, plus whatever I drink at the gym). I have never once HAD to use a pop at any race, but sometimes before I do just in case. I am a freak of nature I know. Even prego, I only get to 4X per day. I think it all stems from just REALLY hating to go to the bathroom...

Add Your Comment.
  • Keep it family-safe. No vulgar or profane language. To discourage anonymous comments of cowardly nature, your IP address will be logged and posted next to your comment.
  • Do not respond to another person's comment out of context. If he made the original comment on another page/blog entry, go to that entry and respond there.
  • If all you want to do is contact the blogger and your comment is not connected with this entry and has no relevance to others, send a private message instead.
Only registered users with public blogs are allowed to post comments. Log in with your username and password or create an account and set up a blog.
Debt Reduction Calculator
Featured Announcements
Lone Faithfuls
(need a comment):